ISLAND HOPPING MACTAN CEBU – There are so many awesome things to do in one of Travel + Leisure’s 2018 World’s Best Island but one of the best and most popular local and foreign tourists always look forward when visiting the island province of Cebu aside from its famous cuisine and cultural activities is to go beach bumming / island hopping.
Gilutongan Island, Caohagan, Sulpa, Olango, Nalusuan, and Pandanon Island are stops you can choose on your Island Hopping Mactan Cebu tour, which may include hotel pick-up, drop-off, and seafood lunch if you book through KLOOK. To book your Island Hopping Mactan Cebu in advance you can check the link below for rates and inclusion, itinerary, and date availability for your trip.
BOOK VIA KLOOK: Gilutongan, Nalusuan and Pandanon Island Hopping | Olango Island Hopping Trip in Cebu
Island Hopping Mactan Cebu: Gilutongan, Caohagan and Nalusuan Island
Gilutongan (Hilutungan) Island – Is probably the first island you’ll visit if you’re going island hopping in Mactan. The marine sanctuary dive site is well-known to scuba divers for its rich marine life. According to DiveScotty website, Gilutongan is about 11 kilometers away (less than 7 nautical miles) heading to 199° from Scotty dive center headquarters in Shangri-la, Mactan. The crystal clear water of the island is also one of the best places in Cebu for beginners in snorkeling and diving.
Gilutongan (Hilutungan) Island Entrance Fee: Php 100 per person
Other fun activities/things to do in Gilutongan (Hilutungan) island: Swimming/Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Underwater photography, Gilutongan Payag Seafood and etc.
Caohagan Island – This is the second island we’ve visited on our tour and its features shallow (recommended place for kids to go swimming) clear waters and white sand on the beachfront though it’s a bit crowded. We spend our lunch here but only in our boat as they collect a landing fee of Php 200 each if I’m not mistaken. They also have cottages here for your group if you want to stay a little longer and explore the islet.
Caohagan Island Entrance Fee: Php 200 per person
Caohagan Island Cottages: Php 300
Other fun activities/things to do in Caohagan island: Swimming/Snorkeling, Beach Games you can play with your group, Fresh seafood available on the island, and Local-made accessories souvenir items sold here.
Must Read: SIARGAO ISLAND DIY TRAVEL GUIDE 2019: Itinerary + How To Get There etc.
Book via AGODA | BOOKING.COM
Nalusuan Island – This is actually my second Island Hopping Mactan Cebu experience, my first time is with my friends. On my first visit we’ve visited Nalusuan, but this time, unfortunately, we did not. But as far I can still remember it’s undoubtedly one of the best well-preserved marine sanctuaries I’ve seen in the country you may want to visit. Here you can relax and just witness the wide stretch of white sandbar during low tide, swim with the small fishes for your day tour, or spend a night here at Nalusuan Island Resort and Marine Sanctuary.
Nalusuan Island Entrance Fee: Php 200 per person
Other fun activities/things to do in Nalusuan Island: Swimming/Snorkeling, Beach Games you can play with your group, Fresh seafood available on the island as they have their own restaurant, rent a jet-ski, paddleboat, kayak, banana boat and etc. Just ask staff on the island for availability.
Island Hopping Mactan Cebu: Sulpa, Olango, and Pandanon
Sulpa Island – Probably the smallest among the six satellite islands of Olango namely: Sulpa, Gilutongan, Nalusuan, Caohagan, Camungi, and Pangan-an according to Wikipedia. Despite the size, it still offers clear and aquamarine water and corals perfect for snorkeling enthusiasts. Sulpa Island is privately owned and I think is inhabited.
Sulpa Island Entrance Fee: Php 100 per person
Other fun activities/things to do in Sulpa Island: Swimming/Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, and Underwater photography
Olango Island – Situated about 5-6 km east from Mactan island closest to Sulpa Island. Around 3 pm, Olango is the last stop of our tour known for its great diving spot in Cebu and its wildlife sanctuary. Though we haven’t step foot on the island and only swim its deep waters to avoid being collected from their entrance fee. Still, If you want to witness The Wildlife Sanctuary of Olango make sure to visit the country’s wetland of global significance for waterfowls during rainy months of around November to February as this is the time where more than 90 species of birds flying and nesting in the island.
Olango Island Entrance Fee: Php 100 per person
Other fun activities/things to do in Olango Island: Swimming/Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Underwater photography, Olango Island Wildlife Sanctuary, and more.
Must Read: EXPLORING CEBU’S LITTLE AMSTERDAM: A Sirao Flower Garden Travel Guide
Pandanon Island – Though we haven’t visited the island of Pandanon this time for some reason still, it’s one of the islands you can choose for your future Island Hopping in Mactan Cebu. Pandanon is the farthest among the five islands from Mactan, Cebu as it lies between Cebu and Bohol, south of Olango and east of Mactan but it is politically part of Bohol. It offers a long white strip of sand for its visitors as well as its clear waters perfect for swimming and snorkeling. Note: Island Hopping Tours/Boatmen usually ask for additional payment if you wish to visit Pandanon. Better ask them in advance if you wish to witness the white sand strip of Pandanon as rates will be different.
Pandanon Island Entrance Fee: Php 150
Pandanon Island Cottages: Php250
Other fun activities/things to do in Pandanon Island: Swimming/Snorkeling, Underwater photography, Sunbathing
Mactan Island Hopping Rates:
Lots of travel and tours offer Mactan island hopping packages, price usually starts Php 2,500 probably the smallest up to the biggest boat Php 6,000. But they also offer sumptuous lunch inclusive if you want hassle-free experience. Check out rates below and other information or contact them directly if you have other inquiries.
- Galore Travel and Tours
- Website / Facebook Page: Galore Travel and Tours
- Email / contact number: 0926 037 8664
Small boat 3500 Php good for 1-10 persons.
Large boat 4500 Php good for 1-20 persons.
Large boat 5000 Php good for 1-25 persons.
Large boat 6000 Php good for 1-25 persons with videoke
(comfort room, center table, life jacket, snorkeling gear (subject for availability and may ask for a fee) and grill are available in all boat )
They also offer bangka with buffet for as low as Php 750/head and pump boat is free for a minimum 10 person.
Menu: Grilled pork or humba, Fried chicken, Lumpia, Grilled Bangus, Saging, Rice, Softdrinks, Water, Ice Cubes, Paper plates, plastic cup.
Choose 3 Islands: Entrance fee not included: Gilutongan island, Caohagan island, Nalusuan Island, and Pandanon island (For Pandanon island additional 700 for the extra fuel.
- Mactan Island Hopping & Tours
- Website / Facebook Page: Mactan Island Hopping & Tours
- Email / contact number: 09474474359 /09565512387 / 09434841600 / (032) 3407120
Boat A (Standard) up to 8 pax – Php 2,700
Boat B (Standard) up to 12 pax – Php 3,000
Boat C (Medium) up to 15 pax – Php 3,500
Boat D (Large) up to 25 pax – Php 4,500
Boat E (Large) up to 30 pax – Php 5,000
Boat F (Large) up to 35 pax – Php 5,500
Boat G (Large) up to 40 pax – Php 6,000
(comfort room, center table, life jacket, snorkeling gear (subject for availability and may ask for a fee) and grill are available in all boat)
They also offer bangka with buffet for as low as Php 600/head for a minimum 10 person and Php 500/head for orders 10 and above.
Choose 3 Islands: Entrance fee not included: Gilutongan island, Caohagan island, Nalusuan island, Sulpa, Olango and Pandanon island (For Pandanon island additional 1000 for the extra fuel.)
BOOK VIA KLOOK: Gilutongan, Nalusuan and Pandanon Island Hopping | Olango Island Hopping Trip in Cebu
How To Get To Cebu:
– Several airlines fly direct to Cebu (Mactan International Airport) such as Philippine Airlines, Cebu, Pacific, and AirAsia from Kalibo, Davao, Manila, Iloilo, Camiguin, Legazpi, Tacloban, Cagayan de Oro, and more as well as from international destinations from Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Taiwan and etc. Check your airline company companion for preferable routes to Cebu.
– If you’re traveling to Cebu by ferry from Manila, Bohol (Tagbilaran and Tubigon), Leyte, Cagayan de Oro and more. Here are Cebu Ferry Schedules you can refer for future travel to the Queen City of the South.
OUR 1 DAY ISLAND HOPPING MACTAN CEBU 2019: ITINERARY
Day 1: ARRIVAL in Mar Beach Port Marigondon, Lapu-Lapu City – Mactan Island, Gilutongan, Caohagan, Sulpa, Olango, (Nalusuan and Pandanon Island) – If you time and budget LOL!
08:40 am – Arrival in MAR BEACH Port Marigondon, Lapu-Lapu City – Mactan Island
09:00 am – Start of Island Hopping in Mactan – Gilutongan (Hiluntongan) Island, Caohagan Island, and Nalusuan Island (If you will take much time on the two islands.)
11:40 am – Lunch in Caohagan Island (or you can have your lunch at Pandanon Island just expect the rate will be different or required to pay an additional payment for extra fuel.
03-30 pm – Swimming and Snorkeling in Sulpa Island and Olango Island
04:40 pm – Back to MAR BEACH Port Marigondon, Lapu-Lapu City – Mactan Island (Reality)
BUDGET: TRAVEL EXPENSES
FOOD & DRINKS: ₱3,000
ISLAND HOPPING PUMP BOAT: ₱5,000
TRANSPORTATION PICK UP TO MACTAN: 1,500
Note: If you noticed we did not spend a single peso for an island entrance fee (Nalusuan, Sulpa, and Pandanonon are the islands you need to pay obligatory) as we didn’t stepped foot in any of the islands. We only docked where our boatmen bring us. Just coordinate with your boatmen/tour operator for this matter as well as your complete itinerary.
Island Hopping Mactan Cebu: Other Friendly Tips and Information
* Don’t forget to bring your lotion/sunscreen and other related products as well as swimming attire and personal snorkeling equipment and extra towels.
* If you’re not availing of the pump boat with a buffet tour make sure to bring enough food for the entire group, water/soft drinks, and snacks as you’ll be in a long day exploring the islands of Mactan. Though If you avail the pump boat with the buffet you can still bring extra food for the group.
* If you avail of the above tour package, don’t forget to ask for the pick-up point as it will be your meet-up place with the boatmen (you can ask directly with the tour operator though for directions).
* Boatmen usually assist you with your food to be grilled and watch your things while you go for swimming. (Just give them lunch as well and snacks) Best to avoid bringing unnecessary expensive jewelry and other personal stuff as they will be not responsible for any loss of your belongings.
* Signal is decent in Mactan island which means uploading your #OOTD in your social media would not be a problem.
* Bring extra cash if you want to explore each of the islands as these tour packages do not include the entrance fee. See above for island entrance fees.
* Locals on the island sell fresh seafood, so you might want to try them out just make sure to bring condiments ready for grilling probably.
* ATM machines and remittance centers are available only on the mainland.
* Though it’s a year-round travel destination, I would say the best time to visit the islands of Mactan is obviously summer as it’s the perfect way to enjoy the beach as well as swimming/snorkeling.
Book Mactan Cebu Accommodation via AGODA | BOOKING.COM
You see if your time in the province is shorter than you originally plan to go far and discover the beautiful beaches and other attractions in north or south of Cebu or maybe you have a tight budget for your family/colleague’s summer outing. There are just beautiful and worth visiting islands with crystal clear waters you can spend a whole day swimming/snorkeling in Mactan for your summer getaway namely again: Gilutongan, Caohagan, Sulpa, Olango, Nalusuan, and Pandanon Island.
Here’s a Short Video Summary of our Island Hopping Mactan Cebu Travel Experience: #ResponsibleTourism #LeaveOnlyFootprints
Note: We cannot guarantee the information written here is correct and accurate all the time. If you want to add information or you spot something that needs correcting, please let us know in the comment section below.
– Last Update: May 13, 2019 –